- P: 208.342.4411
- F: 208.342.4455
- E: email@example.com
- V: Download Vcard
Haley Krug is an accomplished business litigator and trial lawyer who focuses her practice on insurance recovery for policyholders. She has successfully litigated insurance coverage disputes under the full range of first- and third-party commercial coverages, including general liability, management liability, professional liability, and business property. Haley also regularly assists municipalities with disputes arising under public entity coverages, and has experience pursuing insurance claims both for and against member-owned risk management and self-insurance pools. She regularly speaks to industry groups and writes on insurance coverage topics.
In addition to her insurance recovery work, Haley routinely litigates construction defect claims, commercial real estate disputes, and other complex business cases, and has experience trying personal injury claims on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants.
A former NCAA track and field athlete, Haley enjoys running and hiking in the Boise foothills and exploring the outdoors with her family.
- Represented Seattle Tunnel Partners (STP) in a vigorous court battle related to property insurance coverage for the tunnel boring machine that recently completed its dig as part of the Alaskan Way Viaduct Replacement Project in Seattle. Over months of litigation, Haley helped STP’s legal team defeat the insurers’ numerous attempts – at both the superior court and appellate levels – to move the dispute to New York. The case will now be decided locally, in the community the project serves.
- Represented a large, multi-employer pension fund in complex, multi-party construction defect litigation that ended in trial. The court awarded significant damages to repair leaks and resulting water damage throughout a multi-million dollar construction site. Haley and her colleagues also obtained substantial recoveries for the building owners through pre-trial settlements.
- When a client suffered a significant environmental release and was required to clean it up, Haley helped the family-owned business recover over $500,000 from a commercial general liability insurance policy via summary judgment rulings in superior court.
- Successfully represented a real estate investment company’s CEO in insurance litigation taking place in federal bankruptcy court, obtaining coverage for the individual’s defense over the objection of the company’s insurers.
Professional Organizations & Activities
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section
- King County Bar Association
- Idaho Women Lawyers
- Girls on the Run, Running Buddy
- Recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as a “Rising Star” in Insurance Coverage, 2012 - 2016
Publications and Presentations
- Speaker, D&O and E&O Insurance: Available Coverages and Recurring Issues, 2nd Annual Comprehensive Insurance Law Conference, The Seminar Group, 2015
- Speaker, Insurance Coverage for Employment Related Claims, 17th Annual Labor & Employment Law Conference, The Seminar Group, 2014
- Speaker, Finding Insurance Coverage When the Employment Relationship Goes Wrong, Handling Challenging Employees, The Seminar Group, 2014
- Speaker, Learn to Examine Your Commercial Property Policy, WSBA Continuing Legal Education Annual Construction Law Midyear, 2012