- P: 208.342.4411
- F: 208.342.4455
- E: email@example.com
- V: Download Vcard
Kindra Hansen joined Andersen Schwartzman Woodard Brailsford after more than 14 years as in-house counsel for a large Boise-based office supply company, where she was responsible for strategy and defense of commercial and employment litigation as well as consumer class action suits. Through her experience as in-house counsel, Kindra developed a skilled hands-on approach toward litigation as both the plaintiff and defendant.Some of Kindra’s notable wins have included the recovery of over $500,000 under the computer fraud and abuse act, and protecting the company in numerous patent infringement cases. Prior to providing in-house counsel, Kindra was an associate and partner at a Boise law firm, where her practice focused on construction litigation and employment law.
- Secured defense and indemnity from various insurers and third parties in numerous patent infringement cases.
- Provided legal advice to business units on compliance in the employment, intellectual property, and data security areas.
- Conducted internal investigation of qui tam false claims act allegations.
- Developed client’s eDiscovery process, including the design, implementation, and administration of specialized systems and processes used to manage electronically stored information while balancing the requirements of confidentiality, privacy, and public access.
- Defense of complex commercial litigation and claims, including contract disputes, construction cases, UCC litigation, and tort claims.
- Successfully represented clients in defense of pre-litigation employment claims and employment litigation, including wage and hour claims, class actions, wrongful termination claims, and claims involving Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, and the NLRA.
- Represented corporate clients in complex commercial litigation, mediation, and claims with a focus on large scale construction cases, federal False Claims Act cases, UCC litigation, employment-related claims, tort claims (including product liability and mold litigation), shareholder derivative actions, condemnations, and real property disputes.
- Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Policy Council Member
- Past President and Member, Building Owners and Managers Association
Honors and Awards
- Best Legal Departments in America, ALM’s Corporate Counsel Magazine
- 6.1 Challenge Award for Excellence in Pro Bono and Community Service, Idaho State Bar
- Top 10 Most Innovative Legal Departments, Inside Counsel Magazine
- Tribute to Women & Industry (TWIN) Recipient